Wednesday, February 01, 2006

What could possibly go wrong when you have a dinner scheduled with Best Friend and Co-Conspirator? Well, if you're a dumbass like me and forget your cellphone, you realize The Harp is closed for a private party for someone I will not vote for and alternate plans are made while I'm driving around Detroit-Shoreway looking for the drug guy's pay phone. So, we visited Great Lakes Brewing instead. Where the food is great and the beer is cold, so there you have it.

Oh, with this crowd, it is a struggle to win every debate, but I think I maintained my perfect record. Well, not really, as I think I'm the reverse Ripken. What did we learn? Pitt and Jolie (those lips, those eyes) aren't a very good subject for me. And I was actually told I was "too sophisticated" for not liking "Jackass: The Movie". My God, I loved "Transporter 2"! And I can also play "Flight of the Bumblebee" with my tongue, so I resent the implication of being labelled a sophisticate.

But Martha Davis soothed my feelings on the way home. As I got to sing that sophisticated tune, "Take the "L" out of lover, and it's over." They don't write 'em like that anymore. It's amazing I know that song from eons ago, but can't remember "Million Dollar Baby", an Oscar winner about boxing from last year, for cryin' out loud.

Meal of Links

Dateline: Toronto. Another battle between bikers and motorists. This one involves food! With photos.

Cindy Sheehan has become the latest attention whore. Listen, a House member gives you a ticket to the State of the Union. I mean that's gotta be a choice ticket, so respect the institution. It reminds me of Larry David buying a ticket from a scalper to get into temple. Anyhow, everyone knows you're in attendance. Why not sit there, absorb everything you hear, come out and face the media (like they would not find her afterward), and give the best anti-Bush commentary you can muster. In other words, quit making a scene. Any sympathy she may have gotten months ago has seriously eroded because of these ill-advised stunts.

Do you wanna party with the Queen? Not No-teeth-a, but the real one, in Britain. You know...for the kids.

Exercise Yard

OK, I admit it. Even though I'm sophisticated, Steeler Baby made me laugh.

Visitor

11 Down: Holden Caufield's creator (10 letters) Answer: J.D. Salinger

No comments: