Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Plain Dealer did exactly what I've been afraid to do. That is mention the great weather we've been enjoying recently. I understand great is a relative term, but today it is sunny and in the 50's and in January, that's stealing.

Meal of Links

I happen to like Keith Olbermann. I don't watch his show that often, but it's a nice mix of hard news and stupid stuff, and it makes me laugh. On Fridays, he drops in on Dan Patrick's ESPN radio show and recently asked Lynn Swann (yes, that Lynn Swann) some tough gubernatorial questions, which were not the type of softballs that Swannie thought were coming.

One of my goals for 2006 was to read a little bit more. Last night, I finished "The Tender Bar" by JR Moehringer. It's about a bar and the cast of regulars who occupy it over the years. I thought it was great and it seems to be getting generally positive reviews.

I don't go to Arby's very often. But today, I ordered a Market Fresh Turkey/Swiss and felt good about it. Then I read their nutrition information. No more trips to Arby's for me.

Exercise Yard

I was at the CSU game with my brother tonight, and it was a late starter combined with overtime, so I have to do the really late dinner on top of all things. But CSU somehow prevailed in a game they had no business winning. CSU beats Detroit, 59-53. Detroit was winning 41-30 with 8 minutes to go. The basketball gods were then appeased, as CSU mounted not necessarily a comeback, but Detroit handed us the game on a silver platter...several times. Carlos English could have won it with 10 seconds left after a Detroit technical, but he proceeded to miss not one, but both technicals. BTW, the score was tied at the time. Ugh!

Visitor

18 Across: Three-time A.L. batting champ (5 letters) Answer: Oliva

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keith Olbermann is on Dan Patrick's show every day at 2 now...not just on Fridays. Has been since late November. Thought you might like to know!