Wednesday, January 04, 2006

It's great when you get a week off between the holidays. After that, however, it's the return to work after the New Year begins. Then all of those mid-December coulda, woulda, shouldas show up. So now I'm on the "if I finish up strong this week" kick, I'll be back in good shape.

Meal of Links

Lindsay Lohan admits she needed a samwich. And she took drugs, but not the really bad ones, I'm sure.

Pete Townshend says beware of the iPod, because headphones can cause hearing loss. Daltrey: "Tommy, can you hear me?" Me: "Huh?"

The Consumer Electronics Show began today. Let's see who can build the biggest TV.

Exercise Yard

If you like baseball parks, spend some time here. Not much on Jacobs Field though. I'll give you the full report on the Tribe's Grand Slam Awards Banquet in two weeks. Especially if we encounter the dreaded Casey Blake.

Visitor

46 Across: Franz of "NYPD Blue" (6 letters) Answer: Dennis (not liking the 2006 trend toward two-word answers, not that "Dennis" is two words, but...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like I better just swallow the bitter pill and accept the Casey will be butchering right field and striking out in the eighth spot in the line up during 2006. Maybe I can get some of those Lohan drugs to ease the pain. Some people have dad's that ruin your career, others have stiffs that ruin their baseball season...