Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I haven't gotten into the Alito hearings too much, as I can pick up the C-Span replays. These days, no nominee is gonna tussle with the Senate. It isn't gonna happen. You send the guy up, because the name has already appeared on a pre-approved list, senators jab at him a bit, then they approve the nomination. Simple.

Meal of Links

"The new food labels are out! The new food labels are out!"

Some folks thought J.T. Leroy was a fraud a long time ago. Larry King will figure it out.

I keep getting spam at work that tells me I've won the Dutch Lottery. I'm waiting for Todd Gack to be listed as the contact.

Exercise Yard

Bob Sykes, I mean Bruce Sutter, makes the Baseball Hall of Fame. You see, I was at a Reds game in college where my roommate kept drunkenly yelling, "Sutter! Sutter!" at a guy in the Cardinal bullpen. He finally figured out the pitcher was not scratching his back, but pointing to his name on the back of the jersey, which was "SYKES". He tried to apologize by saying, "It was an honest mistake, since you're both lefties." Of course, Sutter threw with his right hand.

Visitor

9 Down: Giant of a Giant (3 letters) Answer: Ott

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had to look up the Todd Gack, Dutch Lottery connection. "Nice name... Is that Dutch?". Same episode as the eggplant calzone and Kramer's cooked clothes........... PFS

Anonymous said...

God bless Skip where ever he is.JMK