Monday, January 30, 2006

I happened to have the Deep Tracks channel of XM on the way home this evening when I heard Michael Stanley's name mentioned, of all people. The DJ thanked Michael for putting him in touch with the guy who could get him all his old material. Seemed odd, considering they should have had some of his catalog, at least. They played "Rosewood Bitters". I'm not a fan of the guy, but obviously somebody at XM is. Now if only Stanley could play some of that XM catalog on WNCX, we'd be gettin' somewhere.

Meal of Links

Jessica Alba was deemed the desirable woman in Hollywood. Tough to argue with that choice. Hell, the runners-up are all winners, too.

I always wondered who owned the "60 Minutes" watch. Oddly, I recall my Dad always introducing himself after the "60 Minutes" roster did. He thought it funny.

I sat on a jury about five years ago. I find it hard to comprehend they seated the jury in the Enron trial on Day One. However, opening arguments are tomorrow. The government's batting average is pretty good these days, with only the HealthSouth guy getting acquitted.

Exercise Yard

Each time the Tribe makes a move, I always have a bad habit of saying it's a cost-saving move. With Dolan in charge, it's a knee-jerk reaction. The Coco Crisp trade doesn't look like a cost-saving move at its surface. But Boston did send us $1 million in the deal and look what we save in future Coco dollars. Now, I'm not saying it's a bad deal, far from it. I'm just saying money played its seemingly usual part.

Visitor

44 Across: Nuclear pioneer Enrico (5 letters) Answer: Fermi

No comments: