Friday, December 30, 2005

I felt like one of the Magi today. After wandering around the landscape for much of this day, I had an epiphany. I was on a phone call with a voice from the East, in which she mentioned cleaning. And lots of it. I realized this was something I was gonna do this week as well, but had accomplished very little in that regard. I then attacked the living room and part of the bathroom. And I felt much better for doing that.

Meal of Links

The DVR is a wonderful thing. Took a rare Friday at home to catch up on some stuff and I was able to see the rerun of Christopher Hitchens on C-Span from October. They had him on a 5:00 a.m. timeslot, but the phone lines were jammed. He admitted he stayed up all night and it was easier in many ways than coming on at, say 7:00 or 8:00 a.m.

I will finalize my picks for the Dead Pool tomorrow, but this Dick Clark thing bothers me. Without any clearcut video evidence, I may have to leave him off, but then again, this could be his goodbye to America. I am currently perplexed.

The funniest names in college hoops. Parfait Bitee makes me laugh. I think Jazz Henderson sounds pretty damn cool.

This old-timer bowls a perfect game, third time for him, then drops dead. As my niece says, "That's not funny!". What is funny is the quote from fellow kegler Johnny Masters, "If he could have written a way to go out, this would be it." Thanks, Johnny, perhaps Ed would have preferred to celebrate the 300 game after he left the lanes. At home, maybe? At least a few minutes. And it sounds like the coffee at Airway Lanes needs an adjustment.

Exercise Yard

I almost spit up my sauerkraut during dinner today when I saw the ESPN News crawl, which stated Phil Savage might be fired. Huh? What? I hopped on the phone right away and my sources couldn't shed any more light on it. "Philosophical differences due to salary cap issues". That has a "diminishing skills" nuance to it. You see something like that and you wonder how dysfunctional is this organization? Savage not even lasting a year, who would have thunk that? Of course, the Browns are denying it, but picture the siren on Drudge and mark it developing...

Visitor

43 Across: Songwriter Warren honored on the album "Enjoy Every Sandwich" (5 letters) Answer: Zevon

No comments: