Saturday, September 24, 2005

I like Jodie Foster. There, I said it. But what is going on with "Flight Plan"? Is that the type of movie she should be in? Or do we just figure she needed an addition on her home and this was the easiest way to pay for it. One review I saw mentioned she could have used her cellphone to call someone about her kid. But I guess you can't make that a 90-minute movie.

Meal of Links

The first casualty of this year's TV season was "Head Cases". Maybe the fact I hadn't heard of the show, its network, or its time slot, was common with everyone.

I happened to catch a live interview with John Irving on Book TV today. He had a great line about contemporary criticism. Something along the lines of "...when you've written as many novels as I have, you open yourself up to contemporary criticism, which is basically the condesention of inferiors." Oh, yeah.

The Airbus 320 has a history of landing gear incidents. Still surprised the passengers could see it unfold on TV.

Exercise Yard

There have not been as many who have fallen quicker than Rafael Palmiero. A whole career of goodwill seems to have been derailed by a series of unwise moves.

Visitor

36 Across: 1986 Indy winner Bobby (5 letters) Answer: Rahal

No comments: