Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Today was off to a great start as I got to see the baseball antics from "Naked Gun". Leslie Nielsen umping, Reggie Jackson going to kill the Queen, etc. Then I find out that Pat Robertson has put the ass back into assassination.

Will someone inform Pat that Hugo Chavez oversees the most oil reserves in the hemisphere. Why fuel the flames of anti-Americanism in a region where our past hijinks have led to the resurgence of hatred down there. Ay carumba, the guy is supposed to be a broadcaster, and a Christian one at that.

Meal of Links

Iron Maiden was not pelted with rocks and garbage, but with eggs during their Ozzfest finale. They must have pissed off Ozzy, who I'm sure was unaware, leaving the dirty work to Sharon.

Several movies about punk are coming out. Of particular note, one on the Germs, an influential LA Band and another on Arthur Kane of the New York Dolls. I have "Punk: Attitude" on "Never Erase" mode on the DVR.

More reality elements are creeping into "Rock Star:INXS", which is, I guess, a reality show. With only 7 rockers left, they have to stretch things in a 60-minute show. Although I thought Brooke Burke looked hot in her red outfit this evening.

Deanna and MiG got to sing original songs tonight. MiG's was OK, Deanna's was meh. Why she collaborated with the person (Ty) behind the song, "Stop! Go!", I'll never know.

MiG is in. Ty did "Proud Mary", complete with chicks on backup, he's safe. J.D. did "Cold As Ice", he's safe. Mahtee did "I Alone" by Live, and I think he did a really good job on that, so he's safe. So, I think it's gonna be an all-female bottom three again. Suzie did "Start Me Up" and it was OK, I guess. Jordis (who was so strong early) has struggled the last three weeks, I think, and did not do so great with "Dream On". Deanna is hated by everyone and she has to go.

Exercise Yard










UC Coach Bob Huggins is told to get outta Dodge by tomorrow. How about CSU getting him for 2006? I am so-o-o-o-o funny.

Visitor

60 Down: Director Kazan (4 letters) Answer: Elia

No comments: