Wednesday, July 13, 2005

OK, I lied. The lure of Brooke Burke was calling me, like a Siren. Monday night, I bit the bullet, and pressed "Record All Episodes" on the DVR for "Rock Star: INXS". As in Texas Hold 'Em...I'm all in.

Did I mention the weird guy in front of me at Walgreen's the other day? I'm not sure what this drunk bought, but it was $2.59. After hearing $2.59, he said, "At that price, do I get a beer with that?" I think he then mumbled that he had one with him. Well, it was time to pay, and his wallet was stuck in his rear pocket. I mean really stuck. It took him, no lie, two minutes to remove it. Now I'm behind him and there is no way I'm gonna assist him. But he had to do the gyrations of looking behind him and trying to contort (I think the word akimbo might be appropriate here), so it would come free. Meanwhile, the line is out to Altoona. Finally, he extricates the wallet and tells the kid after hearing $2.59 again, "Do you want my blood, at that kinda price?". Not sure what he bought, but it was $2.59 and he obviously didn't like that number.

Meal of Links

Looks like they found Mastodon bones in Cali. Where's Bigfoot?

What a shock. Drivers on cellphones more likely to have an accident. I swear my cuss rate would be a lot lower if people would just pay attention while on the phone and trying to drive. I see too many leaners, too many who slow down, weavers. Name a traffic miscue and most times when you pass, it's because someone is on a phone. Epidemic stage.

As if we don't hate Tim McCarver enough. And he really has dragged Joe Buck down to his level, hasn't he? Well, the goofballs participated in an ad for Chevy during the All-Star Game. Fox, the same network that allowed Fallon and Barrymore ON THE FIELD after last year's World Series. MLB is shameless.

Exercise Yard

It looks like Kobe Bryant begins his comeback in the ad world. Ray Lewis wants his cut.

Visitor

20 Across: Oscar-nominated director--1964, 1968, 1971 and 1975--who didn't win (14 letters) Answer: Stanley Kubrick

No comments: