Monday, July 11, 2005

I want to, I mean, I really want to watch "INXS: Rock Star", but sadly, it's just too much of a time investment. I thought it would be an hour a week for maybe 5 or 6 weeks, but this thing has grown to A.I proportions. Three times a week for two months is a little much. Even though Brooke Burke is on, I can't do it.

I did watch the first episode though and I can make some guesses as to who will go far:

Black Mohawk Guy (Ty): The first thing I thought of when I saw him was Corey Glover. So what's his first song? "Cult of Personality". He's in.

Daphna: This chick is Uber Hot!! She'll go far.

Kip Winger Guy (Brandon): He sang a Kiss tune. He's in.

Neal: Good version of "Brown Sugar". He's in.

I cannot see a woman fronting this band, except for Daphna. Terence Trent D'Arby fronted the band for a few performances, so I could see Ty doing it. It's tough, because Hutchence is so closely identified with their tunes, it'll take a special person. I think back to the older stuff like "Don't Change" (awesome video, BTW), "The One Thing" and "Burn For You". Of course, maybe they don't sing those anymore.

Lots of the INXS catalog is available at Rhino.

Hey, CSI Song is on.

Meal of Links

I had to retire a pair of shoes today. I hate doing that because we'd been through a lot, but when the inner sole is tearing apart, it kinda forces your foot...or hand. I opted for some Borns. Very comfy.

The White House press corps absolutely ripped Scott McClellan at today's briefing. Almost felt sorry for the guy, because they piled on. I said almost.

Fantasy Band results are in. The winners? "It's Zeppelin, man."

Exercise Yard

A little late, but here are Peter King's picks for the top five NFL training camps. Pete doesn't pick the Browns, but mentions their food. Again. I once looked for an apple juice that King mentioned in a column. Yes, I am certifiable.

Visitor

19 Across: Explorer Sir Francis (5 letters) Answer: Drake

No comments: