Wednesday, July 06, 2005

How much excitement can one human have in one day? Well, first there was work. Then it got better. I had to go for my Stress/Echo test at the Cleveland Clinic this afternoon. Why is that, you ask? About a month ago, I was in the middle of a Pierre's Ice Cream Sandwich and my heart started racing, like it never had before. Much above the norm. First I checked to see if I had inadvertently picked up a Peppermint Pattie, but no, it was Pierre's. So, I sat there for a while. Then I got a glass of water. Then I started to try and memorize that 9-1-1 number. Then I tried to figure out if I was dressed appropriately for a 9-1-1 visit. All during that time, maybe 3-4 minutes, until it slowed down. I had to tell my doctor who had a look of "I ain't gettin' sued." and ordered the test.

I go in there today and it looks like preliminarily everything was OK. I must be behind on bills, so they are giving me more time to pay. But to have me hooked up electronically, they shaved me. I happen to like my chest hair and they shaved part of it away. How'd you like to do that for a living? But it does give one an opportunity to rekindle old fetishes by shaving expletives onto one's chest. I am now sporting a Kanye West "F'er M'er". But I closed with a pitiful performance on the treadmill, one in which I think they actually had to make a call to GE to verify the results. Anyhow, things appear to be fine, unless there is further review, a la the NFL. And they also have deodorant on your way out.

After that, I went and purchased a washer at Lowe's. They are begging you to buy appliances there. Until the 13th, you get free delivery and haul away, six months interest free, and 10% off your first purchase with their credit card. So, I got me one of them there bottom-of-the-line, top-of-the-line GE Profiles, with all the fancy controls on it. And they deliver on Sundays. I may have to miss Mass, but I'm lovin' Lowe's right now.

Meal of Links

"This is your dog. This is your dog on drugs."

Judith Miller goes to jail. I am shocked by this whole thing and it seems to be lost among all the missing people, sharks, and hurricane stories.

Steven Spielberg's next movie is on the Munich Olympic Massacre and the ensuing Israeli raid. I think that sounds really cool. I'm there.

Exercise Yard

Lance has that Jim-on-a-treadmill face going on. Bracelet?












It was only a matter of time before I mentioned...Lance! He's up by 55 seconds.

Visitor

41 Across: "Grand Hotel" star (5 letters) Answer: Garbo

No comments: