Sunday, June 12, 2005

I went to see "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" this a.m. In case there is any doubt about the sexiness of Angelina Jolie, that can be put to rest with this flick. Whatever is way beyond smokin' hot is her. It's impossible to keep your eyes off of her and there aren't many stars like that anymore. I think half the closing credits ran by before I reeled my tongue off the floor.

Who knows if anything happened behind the scenes with her and Pitt, but let me say this, they have really good, I mean really good, chemistry in this movie. I cannot imagine Jen watching this one for many years, if at all. The movie is OK, decent action and some laughs, but the comedy is more of a wink and a nod type stuff, as opposed to uproar. Vince Vaughn has pretty much nailed the sidekick part...again. By no means an Oscar winner, but a decent summer flick.

My Belmont bet netted me $21 yesterday as Andromeda's Hero finished second to Afleet Alex. The odds were very strange again, as the public is seemingly betting worse at these Triple Crown races. No horse above 20-1 at post, I believe. That is downright insane. Afleet Alex pretty much tore it up yesterday and ran through his pedigree once more, but I think it gives credence to my theory that the 3yo class this year is beginning to look subpar.

Meal of Links

For Social Security, messing with the retirement age is a bigger issue than Washington thinks. I was surprised that of eligibles, 75% get their first check before they are 65 and shows folks wanna enjoy retirement quicker.

Pink Floyd reunites for Live 8. Just nod if you can hear me.

Some older military files have become unsealed. You can check on grandpa's war stories.

Exercise Yard

Almost lunchtime.



Mike Tyson is finally headed to Bolivian. If you can't beat Kevin McBride (who claims he is the "Real Deal")...well. What a sad ending for a guy who beat Michael Spinks just by looking at him. I honestly thought he was gonna kill Frank Bruno during their fight many moons ago. The trouble is, indeed, that was eons ago. He should have arrived at this conclusion years ago, but like Little Boy Blue, "He needed the money. OH." Time for Mike to tend to his "missionary work".

Fellow heavyweight Hasin Rahman on ESPN was unbelievably candid in his post-fight assessment. I think The Rock may have a future in broadcasting. Too bad this overshadowed the Cotto fight on Home Box.

Visitor

None, it's Sunday.

No comments: