Wednesday, June 01, 2005



I thought it was pretty cool that the identity of "Deep Throat" was finally revealed. And God bless the Washington Post. If they tell you that you'll be protected as a source, they'll do it. It's interesting how these non-stories are creeping up. You know, the Post got scooped by Vanity Fair, and the right thinks Mark Felt as the number two man in the FBI should not have broken the law. That's poppycock. Woodward and Bernstein will have something in the Post tomorrow and I cannot wait.

Let's revel in this man, for whatever his motives, who perceived something terribly wrong with the government and helped bring about change. I am so glad I was old enough during that era to soak in everything I could about those times.

Rerun "All the President's Man" soon. Jason Robards, in his bathrobe, as Ben Bradlee: "Nothing's riding on this except the, uh, first amendment to the Constitution, freedom of the press, and maybe the future of the country. Not that any of that matters, but if you guys fuck up again, I'm going to get mad. Goodnight."

I love that quote.

Next: Where's Hoffa?

Meal of Links

I love it when Ted Turner speaks in public. I've seen him on newscasts and various C-Span events over the years and it's quite a mixed bag. This time it's that CNN spends too much time on the "pervert of the day".

OLN gets the syndication rights to "Survivor". Crap. I was gonna watch that dancing with the stars show until I saw Trista on there. Uh-uh, can't do it.

Jerry Lawler quotes. I bet Jim Cornette said half of these first.

Exercise Yard

The 49ers front office made a training tape that didn't go over very well. (Quicktime)

Visitor

23 Across: "To Kill A Mockingbird" author (3 letters) Answer: Lee. Amazingly, that was her only book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

even if Lawler stole those lines some of them are still pissers
JMK

Anonymous said...

by the way Hoffa was on amc today
JMK