Sunday, May 15, 2005

While waiting to see the Wright-Trinidad replay on HBO next week, I got to see a live fight yesterday. Didn't pay a dime. I was at a stoplight at Brookpark and Ridge when three people decided to go at it in the Arby's parking lot. It was a younger guy, younger woman and older woman. Not sure of the relationship, but I'd have to say it was an embattled one. The guy hit the older woman first with some solid blows and I'm not talking jabs. These would be considered haymakers. Sadly, in physical terms for the guy and psychological terms for the woman, they didn't seem to have any effect on her. Because she kept coming after him like the British army in "The Battle of New Orleans". So I'm thinking, gee, this might be a weekly event for this group. The younger woman got a few blows in on the guy, before he started walking away, at least until he remembered that was his ride home, I'd bet. Then the light turned green.

After getting my take out at Don Ramon, I watched NASCAR and I won the first leg of the ESPN Fantasy League (you cannot see me, but I'm taking a victory lap).

But two things on TV last night made me spit up my hot cocoa. On "Mad TV", there was a skit about a 4-year old attending an R-rated movie. The mother tells Mrs. Campbell (a regular character) that he's too young to realize what's happening on screen. Then Mrs. Campbell tells the mother, "Oh, so sad that he's deaf and blind at such a young age." and started scratching his hand like Annie Sullivan while saying, "This is a soda pop." I am on the floor.

Next on "SNL", I know it was stupid, but Will Ferrell's "Jeopardy" skit (he was Trebek) was hilarious. They had Bill Cosby, Sharon Osbourne and Sean Connery as contestants. Once again, very funny. Connery referred to the category of "Japan US Relations" as "Jap Anus Relations".

BTW, Lohan is on "SNL" next week.

I finally got out to the Trader Joe's at Crocker Park this morning. I like Trader Joe's a lot and for some reason, I always buy eggplant-related stuff there. They seem to have more of it there than anywhere. But I got those honey wheat pretzels that I love. And don't forget the Farmer's Market is out at Crocker Park by Trader Joe's each Saturday.

I also seem to be haunted by animals lately. Yesterday, I opened my front door to check on the rain. Across the street, the bichon poked his head by his front door and it appeared we were in a staredown. Very strange. Then today, I got to see squirrels fighting. OK, maybe they were playing, but they were loud. Then there is this big ass jackrabbit that has officially scared the shit out of me twice this week, apparently because I disturbed its lurking.

Meal of Links

Obviously, the fake Robin Williams wasn't as annoying as the real Robin Williams or this would not have flown. I imagine the guy walked in, spoke gibberish for 10 or 15 minutes and got paid.

Given the collapse of United Airlines pensions, here is everything you need to know about pensions.

No offense, but Gumby was NOT funny. Eddie Murphy's "I'm Gumby, dammit." WAS funny. Unless the public is demanding it, and we need to know who they are, why is Gumby making a comeback?

Exercise Yard

After the rainout yesterday, Indy 500 qualifying started today. Of course, all the buzz was for Danica Patrick, who is running really fast this year. She ran a 229 practice lap this a.m. Dr. Jerry Punch said, "...a woman has never been on the pole...", it made me laugh.

OK, he's on my Fantasy Playoff team, but Dwyane Wade is Clapton. And I finally spelled it correctly.

Visitor

None, it's a cool, gray Sunday.

No comments: