Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Oh, no! My favorite councilman, Zach Reed, was pulled over for a DUI last night. At least he practices what he preaches by using street parking and not the downtown lots.

Cavs owner Dan Gilbert came out with guns blazing in his PD interview this morning. I cannot get a handle on this guy yet. He is a young owner whose next moves to find a GM and a coach will probably go a long way determining if LeBron stays. So, what did we learn?

Z is probably gone. I don't buy his odds of 50-50.

Dan Gilbert hates reporters and calls them "TV and media entertainers". He called Stephen A. Smith "John A. Doe", which is kinda funny. I just wish Gilbert would have been more forceful in addressing those in-season rumors about Jim Paxson when they occurred.

He accurately describes our needs. A shooting guard who can play defense (Joe Johnson, anyone?) and one or two big men, especially someone who can rebound.

It seems like a minor contradiction when he says he never suggested who to play to the coaches. But he seems perplexed on why Silas would not play the youngsters. I am not sure that playing those guys more would have made a difference.

He is getting advice from someone who has "won several NBA championships". Not sure who it is, but that's a pretty short list.

I'm cutting him some slack until he gets the guys he wants to handle the team. Then we can start bitching.

Meal of Links

What's new in Kylie Minogue's world? She's a drummer. And she'll be headlining Glastonbury this summer.

The Ron Mexico Name Generator. I am now Alfred Haiti. I'm too tired to explain.

This "American Idol" expose may be pretty good. I'm sure Alfred Haiti will get some votes this week.

Exercise Yard

Speaking of the NBA, don't listen to the naysayers and make sure you watch some playoff games. OK, I know the playoffs last forever, but I happen to like the NBA a lot. There are a lot of stars out there and you should watch the throwback style of Phoenix, a rising star like Dwayne Wade, oldsters like Reggie Miller, and gutsy players like A.I. Do it. It'll surprise you if you haven't watched in a while.

Visitor

19 Across: Gangster John known as "The Teflon Don" (5 letters) Answer: Gotti

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I volunteer to be Kylie's seat anytime she wants to drum
Mr Positive(Negative)