Sunday, March 06, 2005

I like XM Radio, but they sent me a price increase yesterday. It's going up three bucks a month. I have a long term contract, so I have to see what my additional costs will be. The added features they give me are the Extreme channel and XM online. The online feature isn't a bad one at all, as it gives a little more flexibility to listen on the homefront. The Extreme channel must mean the Opie & Anthony experiment has failed. I'm sure the $1.99 extra for that channel was not generating enough listeners, so they raised the price and tossed it into the mix. Stern listeners should pay attention.

The other neat thing I got this week was the second-generation (i.e. cheaper) iPod mini in gorgeous silver. Now this thing is pretty cool. I love the sound and with St. Pat's coming, hearing Flogging Molly on full tilt isn't bad. And it has some oomph for its size. As I learn more, it should become even better.

Meal of Links

In case anyone cares, Dan Rather's last night is on Wednesday. Kind of an inglorious end to a glorious run. Not sure if his demise was caused by bias, but it was surely moved along by sloppiness.

Formula One opened last night. The new rules seemed to work as Renault (huh?) finished first and third. Fisichella dominated. Bo Derek was in attendance and waved the checkered flag, and I don't really care how many times she has visited Murray's for new parts, I think she still looks pretty fine.



As Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelfat battle later today, I'm contemplating buying Bo Derek a hot dog.

Exercise Yard

Declan's Moon, a member of my Fantasy team (Old School Stables), won the Santa Catalina yesterday. The road to the Kentucky Derby finally started this weekend, because a couple of major preps, including the Florida Derby, have been pushed back this year. In the Fountain of Youth, I had the winning jockey (Bailey) and trainer (Zito), so I had a nice day.

Ouch. The US of A is in trouble vs. the Croats in Davis Cup.

Showtime is really pumping up the Tszyu-Hatton fight in June. Hatton looked Cartman-like this weekend, so he better get moving. But two good fights last night. "Left Hook" Lacy won his in 7, and Castillo beat Diaz, with the help of the old accidental headbutt, which rendered Diaz' left eye useless. Two things surprised me about the card. First of all, the big sponsor was...eBay Sports. That was the first time I had seen that logo plastered everywhere during any event. And Richard Steele reffed the main event. I thought he had become a promoter. And I got to see Dr. Flip Homansky at ringside. That name makes me laugh each time I see it.

Visitor

None, it's Sunday.

No comments: