Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Today I saw a guy snap under the pressure of ordering at Quizno's, of all places. I was tooling around town listening to the Rhyme channel on XM. They were recapping rap battles of old. During the "Roxanne" sequence, I stopped at the local Quizno's. There is a certain way to order there, not like the Soup Nazi, but close. You can always tell a newbie, because they linger around the ordering station, when veterans order and move down the line. Side note, the guy smelled. So Cartman comes to mind with, "Mom, why do poor people always smell like sour milk?".

Anyhow, the guy is still in linger mode, and the sandwich maker asks him if it's to go. Everyone knows when your sammie exits the oven, they always ask, "Do you want lettuce?", so he has to answer that question, as well. Then the cashier asks, "Is that a combo or just a sandwich?". The guy, visbly upset at all the questions, explodes with "JUST THE SANDWICH!!!". Here we go. Cashier snaps back with, "I asked because I needed to know." So, the lettuce lady explained she was just doing her job. The guy paid and he took off. You knew he was a newbie, because his 21 cents of change was in the receptacle when I reached in for my change. I dutifully handed it to the cashier and said, "That's the type of guy who'll come back for this." BTW, their Baby Bob commercials blow.

Meal of Links

The Godfather lives in a new EA game. No Pacino though. "Where's Michael? We're not taking the picture without Michael."

A quick jury selection in the Michael Jackson trial. I think the jury I sat on took longer. Maybe there's lots of people out there with a free six months on their hands.

The Pope has a "breathing crisis". Can that be any more vague?

Exercise Yard

Dr. God is taking care of T.O. I would be absolutely shocked if he can play at full strength on Sunday.

Visitor

3 Down: President after Grant (5 letters) Answer: Hayes

No comments: