Wednesday, February 02, 2005

I went on a scouting mission at Big Lots today. Saw some beer glasses that I liked, but I need to go to one more store before I pounce. I hate that slogan, "Here Today, Gone Tomorrow" that they use, because it's true. The one on Broadview by PV is pretty clean, but they are always hurting for customers. So don't run out there and beat me to this purchase.

Meal of Links

The State of the Union is tonight at 9:00. Here are the rules for the 2005 Drinking Game.

The Bob Marley Party is starting in Ethiopia.

Yogi Berra sues Turner over the word "Yogasm". "It ain't over, til it's over."

Exercise Yard

Rudy T., a really good guy, had to resign the Laker job today. In his heyday, he had the best bank shot in the NBA. Pretty good coach, as well, with two titles in Houston. I suggest reading "The Punch" by John Feinstein to get a sense of the type of person he is.

Visitor

20 Across: Author born 2/2/1905 (7 letters) Answer: Ayn Rand

No comments: