Thursday, December 30, 2004

I've decided that Edward Burns is a better actor when I have a hangover. Just finished the west coast version of some piffle called "Ash Wednesday". Burns raises his usual horrible acting to a level of mediocrity as he has to save Mr. Frodo from a revenge killing. Smiling Ed Burns:



My PD arrived today without the Arts section and, by default, the crossword. What are the odds? I would think it would be nearly impossible to forget one section out of one newspaper, unless several people are without Section F today. I'll do it online, which went quite well. I know what an "acolyte" is.

Hey, I just got a visit from my Dad looking for his ice chipper. Had to remind him it was stolen (no doubt, a Future Felon caper) while in my possession several years ago.

Meal of Links

The Governor of Illinois is urging everyone in the state to get a flu shot. During the panic days in November, remember the gov ordered 300,000 doses from overseas. They're still on the hook for those.

India now pushes the panic button by issuing tsunami warnings kind of on a willy-nilly basis. Death total now 120,000 as of 10:00 a.m. It's as if Peoria got washed away. For the cynics, is a higher death count a way to get more money? Or should we trust the figures. For the somewhat heartless, life goes on. Truly asinine quotes.

Eddie Murphy is selling his mansion. For $30 million. Too bad Arafat is not around, it has a bowling alley.

Exercise Yard

I guess sports folks need to know the rules on flying flags at half-staff.

Visitor

3 Down: "Sweet Child O' Mine" vocalist (7 letters) Answer: Axl Rose

No comments: