Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Isolation Thought

These thoughts have popped into my head recently:

It was Pearl Harbor Day today. Such an infamous day and it slips by unnoticed for the most part these days.

Matthew Lesko is one strange dude.

The list of potential coaches for the Notre Dame football job is pretty weak.

I didn't know the tree that blew down on Public Square was the city's Christmas tree. I thought they trucked in some random trees, but it was the only one.

One of those kids who come to your door to sell stuff showed up yesterday. I was willing to give him money, but I sat through his pitch anyhow. I figured he could use the practice because people would shut their doors, yell at him, etc. It was raining and it was December. If it was June, he would have got zilch. BTW, the candy was shitty.

The Christmas lines at Best Buy are starting to lengthen. Long line at lunch at Chapel Hill today. But that line was right by the plasma TVs. I'm reaching for credit cards, rewards zone cards, anything to get one. Then I woke up.

The Saturday crosswords have become more difficult over the last month.

Lou Dobbs is an angry old coot. I heard him address steroids this way, "The abominable behavior exhibited by so-called professionals..." True. But isn't he supposed to just read the news and not editorialize? That's so Action News of him.

Jim Brown can still whip your ass.

We are attending a Cavs game on the 21st from work and we got our tickets today. We are sitting in one of those boxes behind the basket. You know, where they have those swivel chairs, and you always wondered how those people got the tickets. Well, we're in them, baby. Should I yell at Spree?

It bothers me that on the very early "Seinfeld" episodes, Jerry actually asks George for advice.

Does anyone besides me carry cash?

My car does not like windy conditions very much.

The Christmas song I've fallen in love with this year is "Grandpa's Last Xmas" by The Vandals.

Meal of Links

NASA is putting you in harm's way by providing such close shuttle launch access. Cue up (written by Graham Parker, of course) Dave Edmunds' "Crawlin' From the Wreckage".

The Top 100 Overlooked Films of the 90s. Good stuff here. Most of them are worth the effort to see. I defy anyone not to have allergies act up during #13. And several comedies on the list: "Waiting for Guffman", The Hudsucker Proxy" (sure, sure), "Flirting With Disaster", "Mystery Men" (the "blame thrower" almost cost me a lung, I laughed so hard). It seems that a lot of movies with Tim Robbins made the list, too.

Craig Freguson is named host of "The Late Late Show". Did not see his tryout shows, but I heard they were good.

Exercise Yard

Peter King had some interesting things about the Browns in his MMQB column.

Visitor

21 Down: Patriotic Uncle (3 letters) Answer: Sam

No comments: