Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Isolation Thought

I went to see the movie "Sideways" with Paul Giamatti over at the Cinemark. While I'm getting ripped off at the concession stand, this guy next to me orders popcorn in a very distinct, yet familiar voice. I look over and it's Harvey Pekar's nerdy friend, Toby whats-his-name. Oddly enough, Paul Giamatti played Harvey Pekar in the movie, "American Splendor". I found that interesting for some reason. Anyhow, Toby went to see "Finding Neverland".

"Sideways" was terrific. My God, a movie written for adults! Very funny. And it shows how some people can get really get into wine. I mean really get into wine. Nice touch where Paul Giamatti has a scene looking at old photographs and there was one with him and his Dad. His real Dad, Bart Giamatti, the late baseball commissioner. But Giamatti can play losers with the best of them and everyone in the cast was really good. Definitely worth seeing.

Meal of Links

Great to see Loretta Lynn pick up some Grammy nominations. "Van Lear Rose" is a very cool album.

La Scala reopened once more. I'm not sure I like opera, but this seemed like a big deal.

When shopping online, always try and find some discount codes. Sometimes you can save big.

Exercise Yard

Mike Tyson jumped on a car. At least he didn't hit some old guy in the package. Or was that O.J.?

Visitor

42 Across: Hockey legend (3 letters) Answer: Orr

No comments: