Thursday, November 11, 2004

Isolation Thought

I am reprising my starring role as "Tingly Chin" (my devastatingly handsome Asian spy alter ego) as I went to the dentist today. Man, when that anaesthetic gets into your gums for a while, it feels like that rush you get from a Peppermint Patty, only it doesn't go away.

I've been to the dentist so much this year, he told me I can do the prep for them the next time I go in (Hey, I've got your distal lingual, Bud). I started this root canal on September 9 and finally get the crown in on December 1. This canal (I should say canals) procedure will have taken 4 visits when all is said and done. I may not qualify for their 401K, but at least I have free use of their copier. But everything looks good and the next visit will not include any drilling or foul-tasting, gummy impression material.

Meal of Links

I really can't think of a more horrifying phrase than "Liza Minnelli forced sex on me."

Carson Daly won't burn a Yankee hat for charity. Poser.

Did you know that D.G. Yuengling & Son is America's fifth-largest brewery? I'm not sure I've ever had one.

Exercise Yard

My world ranking in the Sporting News Fantasy Basketball League is 937 out of 163, 017. But I'm third out of three in my league. Go figure. My team: Bron Bron and Michael Redd at Guard. Antawn Jamison and Chris Bosh at Forward. Alonzo Mourning at Center and clearly the best, cheap find, Bobby Simmons at 6th Man. Not bad, thus far.

Visitor

59 Across: 1973 "Battle of the Sexes" loser (10 letters) Answer: Bobby Riggs

No comments: