Saturday, September 18, 2004

Isolation Thought

Should I be worried that as I pulled into my driveway last night at 11:45 after the Indians game, my new neighbor was in the process of stringing up Halloween lights? Not a big fan of the lights. Don't recall lights when I used to trick-or-treat. Seems too much of a marketing gimmick. I mean if you want to put a skeleton on your door, I'm hip. Little coffin on your porch, maybe some scary music, I'm with ya. But lights? Nope.

What would scare me is if they're Christmas lights. Or worse yet, some random "we like lights" statement.

Meal of Links

"We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee", unless you're Macauley Culkin.

No, it's not the old lady hoarding cats story. It's the old guy hoarding guns story.

It's Ryder Cup weekend. The only time you'll hear the word "dormie".

Exercise Yard

Barry Bonds hits No. 700. I really thought Griffey, Jr. would get there, but I think Bonds will be the last to 700 for a while. I think Sosa will probably break down before he has a chance. Bonds benefited greatly in this era, due to juiced baseballs after the 1994 strike, virtually each team building a new stadium, and the cloud of steroid use. I'd like to see him beat Aaron. If he's clean, that is.

Speaking of juicing, Tom Hamilton heavily implied that Bobby Higginson of the Tigers must have been on something during his big years. Once again, Hammy criticizes anything to do with opponents, while conveniently turning a blind eye toward his own team. All one has to do is look at Jim Thome or Manny Ramirez and wonder.

Visitor

1 Across: Two-time Masters champion (15 letters) Answer: Seve Ballesteros

No comments: