Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Isolation Thought

I must be slipping. I was informed today that there is a Waffle House in Medina. On Rt. 18 and I-71. How did I miss that? Needless to say, I will be there for breakfast over the weekend. Nothing like an ex-con cookin' you vittles.

Here's the latest story on panhandling. Because the sun glare on 480 has been so bad this week, I decided to use the Jennings to bypass some traffic. I see a guy on the entrance ramp with the hood up, so I pull over. Here is the story: "Bless you, you're the first person who has pulled over in an hour. We're from Detroit and we ran out of gas. I'm here with my 20-year old daughter and my 2-year old daughter. I came here to buy a breathing machine for my Dad and we don't have any money. Give me your name and address and I'll send you the money back." My first question is where from in Detroit? He replied, "Sterling." I think, OK, he did his homework. Then he tells me a security guard had stopped (I thought I was first) and that he was gonna bring him a gas can. I asked him why he needed money if the guy was bringing him gas. He corrected me and said the guard was going to bring the can back, but not with any gas. That's when I told him, "No, I can't help you." and sped off. Come on, the guard is going out of his way to get a can, but not put any gas in it? It was a story with too much information, therefore lots of holes. First of all, no "breathing machines" in Detroit? And, it's 8 a.m., so when did you buy it, where were you overnight? Just a ridiculous plea.

Of course, the bumper sticker "I Brake for Halloween Lights" didn't help his cause.

Meal of Links

America's breast director, Russ Meyer, died yesterday. Oh, he liked 'em big.

Looks like Cat Stevens has to ride the "Peace Plane" right out of the country, as he was deported. God, I hated his records.

If you walk, you won't have dementia.

Exercise Yard

Monty's thinking it's pretty good to be the king. First, all the Euro wives and girlfriends posed with him at the Ryder Cup. And, he got out of a traffic ticket.

Two doping updates. Tyler Hamilton's cycling team, Phonak, did a 180 and suspended him today. And they actually caught two guys doping at the Athens Paralympics!!!

Visitor

51 Down: Michael of R.E.M. (5 letters) Answer: Stipe

No comments: