Saturday, August 07, 2004

Isolation Thought

We tend to complain about prices, but what is with the price of pop lately? I used to have brand loyalty, but not when two 2-liter bottles for $3 is considered a deal at the local grocery. I just finished a Giant Eagle THREE-liter Root Beer and I couldn't say it was better or worse than Mug or A&W. And it only cost me 89 cent. 89 cent for three liters!!! Root Beer!!! Hooray, Root Beer!!!

Had some chow at the downtown Winking Lizard yesterday. I thought it pretty average and still cannot get over how some people swear by their food. I tend to swear, albeit mildly, after I eat it. It's not much of an endorsement when you say, "Well, it's not awful."

Trust me when I tell ya, this year's concert lineup at the Taste of Cleveland is the worst I've seen. I'll give you Buddy Guy and Robert Cray. But Blues Traveler and America? As my Spanish teacher used to say, "Madre de Dios!!" That's 'merican for "Ugh!!" It appears they lost their grocery sponsor, can't remember if it was Tops or Giant Eagle. Maybe that's why the lineup stinks. My gosh, I think we're gonna have to call the Eddie Money Hotline and get his ass up here posthaste.

Meal of Links

Rick James died yesterday. It's kinda sad when they say "apparently, of natural causes." meaning "we can't believe he lasted this long either."
"You and I" is probably my favorite Rick James record. I still remember when they used to advertise (yes, they actually once promoted records with commercials) "Bustin' Out of L Seven" on TV. That made you sit up and notice.

England just named a new court jester. Fox greenlights "Jester Idol".

Forbes does Vodka and lists their Top Ten. They also state $30 vodka in a Bloody Mary should be considered an extravagance.

Exercise Yard

High jumpers are cool.

Visitor

55 Across: Jazzman Montgomery (3 letters) Answer: Wes

No comments: