Thursday, July 29, 2004

Isolation Thought

"Hope is on the way." Uh-oh. After Day 3 of this Democratic convention, I'm gettin' a bad feeling. The spider sense is definitely tingling. Maybe John Edwards speech was supposed to be a given that it would be good, but I felt he didn't do that good of a job. I am sure the anti-war Dean faction of the party was thrilled to hear that the D's would increase military spending and troop size.

I didn't like Edwards delivery yesterday. It's silly to walk into a room giving the thumbs up sign with both hands. But if you're gonna do it, at least, do it in a masculine way. How prissy did that look last night?

I love Edwards' "Two Americas" speech, especially after I've heard it 200 times. "I'm the son of a me-al worker." But in Jim's America, I don't stop people who are on their way to the late shift and console them. We don't sit around the kitchen table and talk issues. And as a single person, where are my tax credits, for cryin' out loud. And "We will destroy you.", yeah, I'm talking to you al-Qaida, sounded as if someone just double-dog dared him to a war.

I'll give you the fact that he was supposed to be an appetizer to the main course, Kerry, this evening, but jeepers. What was supposed to be a lock yesterday, proved to me once again, you can't win games or the most important election of our time on paper.

Meal of Links

You can drive around with me if you want to hear NPR's Bob Edwards on XM.

The world's oldest brewery found in the Andes. Lost Incan relative of Norm Petersen found nearby.

Pakistan arrested some terrorist.

Exercise Yard

The Thorpedo says, "Sure, I've swum against dopers. Of course, I've whipped their ass."

Visitor

41 Down: Emilio Estevez cult film (7 letters) Answer: Repo Man

No comments: