Thursday, June 03, 2004

Isolation Thought

My Personal Alcohol Consumption Index (PACI, pronounced "Packy", for short) has been spiking higher than gas prices lately, so it is time to catch up on a bunch of things.

My car continues it's Christine-like ways. Now the glove compartment cannot close. Locked in the down position. I can have a plate of food now while I'm driving around.

An eye exam results in another concession to age. Bifocals are coming!!! Although my prescription remains the same, I just was having a hard time reading Born-on Dates on beer bottles...er...I mean the stock quotes. I am hoping not to look like this guy.

My visit to Coinstar didn't get me the $400 in change I thought I would get. Nope, it gave me $410!!! Where's my Mega Millions slip?

The National Spelling Bee took place today. This event is a comedian's dream. My favorite speller of this year's Bee was none other than Sam Rock. The picture gives a bit of a hint, but with his hair now grown out a bit, honestly, he looked like a 12-year old Lou Reed. Sam got some pub on ESPN because he could spell names of the Minnesota Twins. Seems like an all-around good kid. Too bad he was sent home because he spelled it H-E-R-O-I-N, instead of H-E-R-O-I-N-E. I'll wait. I've got all day. It finally sunk in, didn't it? The other classic was that we had the first kid who fainted while spelling. He ended up as the runner-up, but conspiracy theorists are already accusing him of cheating.

Meal of Links

The Tigers have silenced the opera singing hot dog guy at Comerica. Opera hatred in action.

"Curb Your Enthusiasm" frees a murder suspect. Somewhere, "Harold Bingo" is smiling.

There is a big celestial event happening next week. Venus will appear to cross in front of the sun. I'm sure it's being orchestrated from a studio like the Apollo moon landings.

Exercise Yard

There was a time when Al Clark was the only person in baseball with his name on his cap. Now he's modeling the latest fashions of the Graybar Hotel.

Visitor

13 Down: Campbell of "Scream" (4 letters) Answer: Neve

No comments: