Saturday, June 05, 2004

Isolation Thought

My application for first and second-round NCAA basketball games was approved. This is great news. Gonna be a lo-o-o-o-ong St. Patrick's Day in 2005.

I bought me a leather sofa today from the fine folks at Levin Furniture. Never understood how they make money when they always hand out many months to pay with no interest. Maybe the default rate is high, because they approved me for $8,000 in eligible financing. Apparently, there is a significant portion who forget to pay.

But that means the old couch (a.k.a. The Dream Chamber), will be departing soon. Yes, that Dream Chamber. The one that has allowed me to produce certifiably the strangest dreams I am aware of. Lately, Dale Earnhardt Jr. has been appearing as some sort of crime lord, harassing me to no end. I heard Rick Gilmore on WTAM last week talk about one of his neighbors who died on his couch. The couch was then placed on the curb in Tremont and somebody picked it up, never knowing that the previous owner expired on it. I'm wondering if I should attach some sort of note to the Chamber.

Ronald Reagan died today. I was not a big fan of Reagan back when he was President, as I was leaning to the left in those days. Great mic skills and when questioned on Iran-Contra simply couldn't remember. Maybe it was true. Anyhow, many people have had Reagan in their Dead Pools for a time, so while there is not out-and-out rejoicing, I'm sure many winks of the eye and nods of the head are occurring this evening.

While stumbling home after Midnight last night, I was listening to WJCU and they were playing a bunch of songs by female rockers. It points out how bad commercial radio, especially in the classic rock arena, could sound better with minimal effort, by simply opening up the catalog. Besides the usual Annie Lennox and the Go-Gos, I heard "We Live for Love" by Pat Benatar and, of all things, "Can the Can" by Suzi Quatro, who just had her 54th birthday this week. Did anyone's career flame out quicker than Suzi's? Playing Leather Tuscadero could not have been a help. You just don't hear enough of these good songs anymore.

Meal of Links

Probably more than you ever cared to know about the breakup of Creed.

Always pushing the envelope, China bans Internet bars and North Korea bans mobile phones.

Dismembered man's wife had filed for divorce. Wife heard to say, "Uh, I'm new at this, does this look bad for me?"

Exercise Yard

Birdstone wins the Belmont. No Smarty party today, as $50 million in stud fees disappears like Keyser Soze.

Visitor

65 Across: Danny Aiello's "Do the Right Thing" role (3 letters) Answer: Sal

No comments: