Sunday, May 30, 2004

Isolation Thought

Sunday of Memorial Day weekend always presents me with a dilemma. I love auto racing, so I kinda hope for rain, so I don't feel bad about being indoors. It doesn't affect the Formula One race, because that's typically over by 9:30 a.m. Of course, Schumi easily won the European Grand Prix on his home course. But as the sun was bright here, it was raining in Indy. That gave me a nice window to drop almost $75 at Giant Eagle. How does a single person spend $75 at Giant Eagle in one visit? I bought beer and that was on sale, that can't be it. I bought 2 for 1 Vitamin E, which I then realize I had done at Walgreen's 125 caplets ago. Lots of other BOGOs later, I get a sales receipt that Bob Vila could use to measure crap with. Jeezy Creezy, I even bought the 12-pack of Pop-Tarts!! I offer no explanantion for that stellar purchase other than I bought chocolate milk, which goes great with Pop-Tarts, because it sounded like it was on sale, but probably wasn't. Anyhow, Buddy Rice won the Indy 500. Sounds like a bit of a dolt, but he has a hot girlfriend. Must be the way he turns RPMs. David Letterman co-owns the car with Bobby Rahal, a very nice man. I'm typing this out on my laptop, as the last race of the day is just whizzing by. The Coke 600 from Charlotte. Jimmie Johnson currently leading. Not many wrecks, so I won't miss any of Action News ("They're everywhere!"). Man, it's starting to rain, and it's one of those smelly rains, as if Lake Erie is pouring over my head.

Meal of Links

The Budweiser frogs are back!! Can you believe it? They actually played the 'Merican card vs. Miller by correctly pointing out that Miller is owned by South Africans. Completely debunking the "Miller Beer for President" campaign. Very hip.

Hey, Usher. Usher now has three songs in the Top Ten. And I still don't know who this guy is. I'm in to the Black Eyed Peas right now.

Martha Stewart is trying to stay out of jail. And I actually wish the judge would go along with this plan. Compared with Kozlowski, Skilling, and the Adelphia clowns, she's small potatoes.

Exercise Yard

A tribute to, of all things, the C.C. Hat.

Visitor

None, it's Sunday.

No comments: