Saturday, April 17, 2004

Isolation Thought

While getting a fill-up at my favorite cheap gas station this a.m., the Citgo on Pearl and Ackley (you know, the home of "Wacky Wednesdays"), oblivious lady driver commits a rarity. Not sure if she had just left the mechanics area, but I hear this "Boy, I'm glad that's not my car" kind of awful, grinding sound. It seems she had just run over some ground under repair. The driveway was clearly marked with two milk crates and an orange cone. I look to see her run over and drag said impediments a long way before stopping. The noise should have been a tip-off. They had to bring out a jack, because one of the crates was wedged underneath, hopefully, not damaging any undercarriage work she may have had done. Quote: "I didn't see it." Stay away from her. Of course, I won't mention that my car attacked me this morning. After my haircut, I got in, must have hit something that locked the doors, so I unlocked them and the alarm goes off. Once you're inside, it goes for 30 seconds...nothing you can do. Of course, this happens twice. "eyh.....eyh.....eyh" Wake up everyone!! The good news is I then passed E-Check. If your car is later than a '96, you don't have to do that "acceleration over the roller thingies" test. Of course, it's still Nineteen-fitty. Wow, I just had Jehovah Witnesses at my door. The latest "Watchtower" magazine had "The Mark of the Beast" on the cover. Funny, it didn't look like Coach K.

Meal of Links

The second one-termer in his family wants to renew the Patriot Act. Great strategy, let's have more freedom erosion and appeal to people's fears.

The Pixies are touring again. I don't see any Cleveland dates.

Everyone hates Omarosa!!! America once again rewards reality show contestants. Case in point, I present no-talent, Kit Hoover.

Exercise Yard

Michael Danton from the St. Louis Blues arrested on murder-for-hire charges. The Blues are out of the playoffs, as well.

Visitor

59 Across: Porky Pig creator Bob (9 letters) Answer: Clampett

No comments: