Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Isolation Thought

Auto mechanics, hah! They wanted to charge me $1,600 to fix my car. Nope, give me the two-month...er....cheaper fix. It reminds me of the "Fusilli Jerry" episode of "Seinfeld".

(The phone rings)

JERRY: Hello? Yeah, this is Jerry Seinfeld. What? Twenty-eight hundred dollars?!! That's the estimate on my car?!! No, don't even do anything. I'm gonna think about it. Okay, bye.

GEORGE: What's to think about? If Putty says it's what it is, it's what it is. He's not gonna cheat you.

JERRY: Except that it's not Putty.

GEORGE: What happened to Putty?

JERRY: Eh, we had a little fight about the move. I took her to this other place. I think they might be trying to screw me.

GEORGE: Well, of course they're trying to screw you. What do you think? That's what they do. They can make up anything. Nobody knows. "By the way, you need a new Johnson rod in there." "Oh, a Johnson rod. Yeah, well, you better put one of those on."

Meal of Links

I must not be paying attention. When did ADD become ADHD?

The new Elvis, William Hung. Some think there's a racist angle to the story.

Saw "The Ladykillers" the other day. A must see for lovers of language. Reminds me of "The Hudsucker Proxy", which is on the list of 100 Movies that Deserve More Love.

Exercise Yard

50 Sporting Things you must do before you die: Part One, Part Two, Part Three. From a UK persepective.

Visitor

11 Down: Noted Wild West scout (9 letters) Answer: Kit Carson

No comments: