Sunday, August 28, 2011

Storm damage, for sure, but Irene was nothing as predicted, right? My sense is that this got so much coverage because:

a) It was a weekend
b) New York was involved

I get the uniqueness of NYC being a target of a hurricane. But it seemed the networks were just aching to show some familiar landmarks engulfed by a natural disaster. Then they blamed the fact that Irene's landfall hit in North Carolina took some steam out of it, plus it tracked a bit differently after that. I'm no meteorologist and even I know when a storm makes landfall, it traditionally weakens.

Unfortunately on Saturday evening, I saw a Weather Channel clip where two guys said there was no way they couldn't see flooding in lower Manhattan near Wall Street. Mainly because of a storm surge and high tides. That didn't happen.

Oh well, at least I got to see Geraldo doing hurricane duty. On Broadway.

"Reggae On Broadway"/Bob Marley



Meal of Links

Errol Morris with a different twist this time. A book.

I wanna stay in a hotel. That's cheap and chic. Here you go.

"Good Eats" is wrapping up this week. Always an excellent show.

Exercise Yard

I saw Joey Barton at the Wigan-QPR match yesterday. They need him.

Visitor

None, on a cloudy, then sunny Sunday.

No comments: