Monday, June 20, 2011

The men in my family started Father's Day by taking in a morning screening of "Bullitt". Great to see it on the big screen. This is Steve McQueen. In a Mustang. In San Francisco. With Jacqueline Bisset. Does it get any better? And this was a few years before "Dirty Harry" in the same city.

My brother informs it was the first movie that contained the word "bullshit". Nice to see a decent crowd at the Capitol, as well. We feared it might be lightly attended and were surprised by how many were there.

Meal of Links

Funky Winkerbean is still awful. Please remove this from the same page as the Crossword Puzzle.

My brother's foot asks, "Why are air conditioners so heavy?". It's the copper. Or science.

Top 100 Apps. Look how few actually make it to a Blackberry. Sigh.

The 25 Most Influential Videos. I like "Sabotage".

30 Songs about Domestic Violence. I do hear The Crystals song every once in a while on The Underground Garage and I always ask, "1962? Really?". It stands out.

Norm Macdonald tries to save his Comedy Central show. Sort of.

The little engine that could. Netflix. Still baffling the experts.

The last time I saw Ryan Dunn was last night. He was on "Minute to Win IT" with Steve-O. Not many obits are mentioning that, even if it was a rerun.

I'm watching the US Open Golf with my Dad yesterday afternoon. After a Rory McIlroy par, NBC goes to some weird shot of the Congressional clubhouse and Dan Hicks apologizes for a video or something. We had to rewind it and we hear that Hicks apologizes for a video that was supposed to be a military salute that used an edited version of the "Pledge of Allegiance'. Without even thinking, I said, "They didn't edit out "under God", did they?". Of course, they did.

Exercise Yard

Jennie Finch named her son, Diesel.cThat is all.

Visitor

58 Across: Brad of "Ocean's Eleven" (4 letters) Answer: Pitt

No comments: