Friday, June 10, 2011

Letterman's drum solos from this past week. With video. Including an Ed Shaughnessy/Buddy Rich throwback.

Is it just me or does Neil Peart look like a cross between Shemp Howard and Bill Laimbeer?

Meal of Links

I once was in Chicago and had a same-day copy of The National in my hands. The story of its demise. Still legendary.

Jack White divorces Karen Elson. They both decide to throw a party to celebrate.

10 scientist rock stars. I guess Skunk Baxter is non-degreed and not necessarily a scientist?

Here is the song I recorded (I mean my hit record) from yesterday's Google Doodle. It was for Les Paul's 96th birthday.

The best soccer stadium in America just opened. The team? Sporting KC. Huh?

Palin's e-mails.

Exercise Yard

While the NFL idles, Randy Lerner's Other Team is having some issues. Brad Friedel left for Tottenham. Ashley Young is headed to Manchester United. And Aston Villa are having some troubles getting a new manager.

The latest target, Roberto Martinez, decided to stay at Wigan. A rarity, Martinez humbly displayed loyalty by turning down three times his current salary to stay at Wigan, a much smaller team. The Chairman there even referred to him as "a son".

Hadn't heard that kind of talk from a team since Modell and Kosar.

Visitor

63 Across: One of the Allman Brothers (5 letters) Answer: Duane

No comments: