Sunday, May 01, 2011

I found myself at Champps last night. Mr. and Mrs. Mix were in town, so Jeff and Gale and I had a meetup at Crocker Park. Hey, they have Harp on tap there and I had a Fan Favorite known as a Club Sandwich. Anyhow, we found out Mrs. Mix and her family celebrated Dyngus Day for years. What Secret Society is this?

Anyhow, most of the TVs had the Tribe game and I noticed there was some MMA on, as well. Perhaps some old reruns from Spike or something. Boy, as soon as 9:00 came about, most of the TVs were tuned to MMA. Now, I realized it was the PPV event from Toronto. As I looked about the room, I noticed all the Affliction shirts and figured this was the reason for the crowd. Because it was kinda packed. No doubt these places get people to show up, because of the high PPV price for home use.

I'm still old-school boxing, but we saw a bout end in 20 seconds last night by a questionable referee's decision. So, at least that carries over from the Sweet Science. If you care, here are last night's MMA results.

Meal of Links

Our Governor is a Steelers fan. But he loves Cleveland. So, in the unlikely event of the Browns ever making the Super Bowl, sorry, but he cannot participate.

Never buy expensive HDMI cables. Why? It's science.

You are a thief. You need electronics. Where do you go? Starbucks.

The thing I like about President Obama is he handles these types of things with a pretty good delivery of these funny lines. Trump! Hah!

Obama at the White House Correspondents Dinner



Clay Matthews. Comedian.

Looking back at the Playboy Clubs. I am assuming there was not one here.

Exercise Yard

I just found out that the Tribe is serving Christmas Ale. Stand by Section 153. That's not a bad idea, but wow, if the crowds get bigger, it may go quick. I'm not sure I've ever had that when the temperature outside was warm.

On the field, things are looking good. Another win today.

Visitor

None, on a cloudy Sunday.

No comments: