Sunday, February 27, 2011

For reasons I can't really explain, I found myself at the Golden Corral after the CSU game yesterday. I think this joint has now replaced the mall as the place to watch what's wrong with the world these days.

First of all, you have people willing to stand in a long line, almost out the door, for their place at the feeding trough. Then you have no semblance of rules or order at any food station, requests for additional drinks or any other exercise you go through.

And trust me on this one, very few people in attendance are getting the appropriate exercise. Except for the kids who use the Golden Corral as their own personal playground.

Plus, since you are stuffing your piehole, you'll eat any combination of food to get your money's worth. I had salad, tacos, bourbon chicken with rice and a piece of steak. I can't recall the last time I polished off tacos and said, "Boy, I could go for a steak right now." BTW, the salad was fresh, tacos were OK, bourbon chicken average, but the medium steak I had was actually pretty good.

In my defense, I didn't have lunch nor dinner, so this was kind of the in-between chow and I didn't have a meal later. I'll have to go sometime later to see if there are still Menu Changers on Sundays who show up before breakfast ends, but stay until that day's entrees come out, to get the best of both worlds.

Meal of Links

Is Roger Ailes about to be indicted? We'll know this week.

Hitch wonders if President Obama is secretly Swiss? Might be true.

The Razzies were held last night. Here are the winners. I mean, losers. Shyamalan rules as we knew he would. "The Last Airbender" was criticized intensely.

Exercise Yard

I'm watching the Carling Cup Final this morning and suddenly, Obafemi Martins (who may be as old as Greg Oden) comes on as a sub. Geez, this guy has bounced around. Showed up in Birmingham three weeks ago. I remember his goal celebrations always consisted of some handsprings and flips. So, he scores the gamewinner.

Visitor

None, on a snow-melting Sunday.

No comments: