Saturday, January 22, 2011

Let's get back to it...

Since I was last here, I fully recovered from "Black Swan".

I saw CSU win two games over Detroit (a nice game) and Wright State (outside of Butler, the ugliest game of the year).

I got pulled over by the police. No headlights which resulted in a friendly advisory statement through our windows. It was cold and they didn't want to get out of their car and chat.

I went to Sokolowski's for the first time since 2009. Great meat loaf and pie right outta "Twin Peaks".

I got my new glasses (in brown) from Jerold Optical

Drank during another Polka Happy Hour.

Meal of Links

Detroit. The Mecca of urban ruins.

A must read. The New Yorker profiles Darrell Issa.

I look away for two minutes and Keith Olbermann is done? WTF? I love KO, but one criticism of his show I've had (unlike Maddow/O'Donnell) is no opposing view. Even the parroters on his show open up on others. Goodness knows, he's burned a lot of bridges along the way, but I have no idea where he goes now. CNN seems logical, but... Ed Schultz at 10, Lord help us.

I look away for two minutes and the March Madness broadcast teams are announced. Remember, Turner has a piece this year, so there will be an NBA-influenced setting. Big moves: Dick Enberg/Jay Bilas out, Marv Albert/Steve Kerr in, More Gus!, I'm not sure of Reggie Miller joining Kevin Harlan and Dan Bonner, Steve Kerr broadcasting the Final Four, and the TNT NBA studio crew is in (that late night Thursday and Friday should be great with them). All I need is truTV in HD by then and I'm set.

Cracking the credit card code. Who knew?

Gang of Four are back. New record is out next week.

I look away for two minutes and the Coachella lineup is announced. Hopefully, they get their webcasting shit together.

One of my favorite music lists is out. Pazz and Jop 2010. Of course, Kanye West is No. 1 for albums, "Fuck You" for singles.

Speaking of "Fuck You", Regis Philbin "retires" because of a pay cut. Welcome to the jungle, Reege.

Of course, "Hawaii Five-O" would have a tsunami episode. Right after Sunday's AFC Championship Game, too. Wait a minute. Danno hates the water, gets on a board, then the tsunami comes? How convenient.

Vermont says a corporation is not a person. Hell, yes.

A look back at Harry Nilsson. "Everybody's Talkin'" was a monster hit, but it plays very pleasantly when you haven't heard it in a while.

"You're Breakin' My Heart"/Harry Nilsson



Exercise Yard

Randy Lerner can't find an Offensive Coordinator for his team. But his Other Team just spent a whole lot of cash on Darren Bent. Paid some early dividends as he scored the winner for Aston Villa today.

The great Eric Cantona (good goal-scoring compilation enclosed) is now running the New York Cosmos. Uh, the Cosmos aren't even in the MLS. They need a stadium to get entry.

Kenny Dalglish wins his first game in his Liverpool return.

Check Out Man U Today



Visitor

34 Across: Three-time Grammy award winner for comedy (9 letters) Answer: Chris Rock

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think ManU misses Ronaldo at all . Lately they've been putting on clinics with the way Berbatov has played------JMK

Anonymous said...

I think it was probably salisbury steak that you ate. It is a regular staple on Sokolowski's menu. PFS