Friday, January 28, 2011

I got my new front doors installed today. Well, almost. The drywall was not drying sufficiently (too cold in the foyer), so the guy has to come back and do the necessary sanding. Plus, I need a different sort of hinge on my storm door, so it can open up like it should. But it was a long day, as they got here at 9 and were finally wrapping up until almost 8. And, as I suspected, it was probably wishful thinking that it would take only one day.

Already had a neighbor call and she liked the way the doors looked. And I must say, from the inside they did a hell of a job of reconfiguring my round-top entry way. So, it'll just be a bit longer to have this project finished.

Meal of Links

Hot chicks at the Snowsports Industry America Show. Scull Candy sells headphones and earbuds, but who noticed? If they sold hot water, I think I'd buy it. Actually, the slide show was kinda disappointing.

It's the Renewal Scorecard. Which of your network TV favorites will get renewed?

John Lydon lives by the beach. And wouldn't we all like to do that?

Egypt is all fouled up. Al-Jazeera English was the place to be online earlier today.

I've seen their commercial and, trust me, they don't emphasize it enough. Denny's has $4 all-you-can-eat pancakes!

"Restrepo" airs February 2. On the National Geographic Channel. Terrific doc.

The movie, "Series 7: The Contenders", is awesome. I saw this over at the Shaker Cinema, where it was up for maybe a week. Surprisingly, this came out 10 years ago, before Reality TV really got going. In this movie, the contenders try to kill each other. Hey, now.

Charlie Sheen finally goes to rehab. I stuck up for him the other day, saying how I don't think he's missed any work. But that's good that someone decided to have an intervention.

The New York Times explains its WikiLeaks connection. Lots of cloak-and-dagger stuff, publishing-style.

Exercise Yard

A must-read from The New Yorker. Football and concussions.

Visitor

31 Across: 2008 Libertarian presidential candidate (4 letters) Answer: Barr

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bula Bula Bula Bula Bula/ Wasn't that acllege fight song? JMK