Friday, December 31, 2010

There are pluses and minuses to being an a pool that picks the winners of bowl games. You find yourself watching games you wouldn't ordinarily care about. But that allowed me to to see this sign: "UCF: The Harvard of the South" during Central Florida's win over Georgia. It may have been the same game (they all run together), but I also saw a QB spike the ball on the 7-yard line, after gaining a first down with 48 seconds in the first half. While he had TWO timeouts left! Ugh!

Since, we are getting close to the New Year, I had to settle on my Dead Pool picks for 201l. Lots of replacements. Because unless there is a strange happening where several diverse well-known people, not only get together, but die in the same place, it looks like I've won the 2010 edition.

So, while staving off some sort of weird cold I have, I decided to knock down some Jameson highballs to start the evening. Some steak and shrimp at hand, as well.

Meal of Links

Lifehacker has its Best of 2010 List. I find myself going to this site more often.

Wow, this guy looks like he'll win his case. Jeezy creezy, the cops kinda overstepped their authority there.

Hey, that's Hitch!

The 40 Drunkest Cities. 15. Toledo, 22. Cleveland, 35. Cincinnati.

Auld Lang Syne.

Kodachrome has left the building. The end of an era.

You Will Be Legal Soon, You 1990ers



Exercise Yard

Cleveland State keeps winning. Last night, they pummeled Loyola.

Another crowd over 4,000. Plus, my coat chair gone for a second game in a row. WTF?

Visitor

41 Across: Lofgren of the E-Street Band (4 letters) Answer: Nils

No comments: