Saturday, October 23, 2010

Boy, I had just an awful headache yesterday, so I watched local news for some inane reason. Did I miss something? I thought both forecasters that I saw predicted a nice day today. Unless I was delirious. Off I went to do errands much of the late morning/early afternoon.

Sure, it was warm enough, but where was Mr. Blue Sky? As it became increasingly dark, I kept putting off mowing my lawn, or should I say leaves. Anyhow, I watched the end of "Heat". I've only seen that a million times. After that, I thought I'd mow, but it started drizzling. WTF? Then A&E had "Murder By Numbers" on. One of the Sandra Bullock movies I had not seen.

I took advantage of long commercial breaks and would do part of the yard, then come back in to see more of the movie. And so on and so on. Not a bad effort. If you see it on and are completely bored, watch it.

Meal of Links

Juan Williams was fired from NPR earlier this week. Lots of people protested. Apparently, some NPR "viewers" also protested.

A look at movie purgatory. That Bradley Cooper-Renee Zellweger movie that just came out? Shot on 2006.

The Quaids are at it again. This time in Canada.

Trying to get Axl Rose to speak. Complete with old mugshot.

This is nice to dream about. The best first-class seats in air travel.

Exercise Yard

It's almost as if Wayne Rooney was going to do a LeBron and leave Manchester United (ahem, that's like Cavs to the 10th power) earlier this week. Same sort of situation, if you wanna leave, there are only a handful of clubs who can afford to pay you.

Cooler heads prevailed and Rooney ultimately signed a five-year contract to stay at Man U. The crazy thing is he is with one of the most recognizable clubs in the world. It's like starring with the Yankees and thinking the Angels would be a better fit for you. Might be better for Rooney to at least start scoring some goals for this to pass.

Ian Holloway is Pissed at Wayne Rooney



Visitor

25 Across: "Against the Wind" singer (5 letters) Answer: Seger

"Against The Wind"/Bob Seger

No comments: