Wednesday, September 08, 2010

What is with this pastor who's going to burn Korans on Saturday? I take it, on a good day, he speaks to about 50 people at most. Yet, he can parade around on TV and get more than the 15 minutes he's due, when the world thinks he's a tad overzealous?

Gainesville has a Florida Gator home game this weekend. So, they have to deal with the security of 90,000 at the game and addressing this nutjob at the same time. Could you imagine being in law enforcement and get taken off stadium detail to deal with this crap? I wouldn't be happy.

My sense is that God puts Glenn Beck on hold and tells this pastor to cool his jets on this subject by Saturday. Because he doesn't seem to be in a hurry to call it off.

Meal of Links

What a way to go. The bassist from ELO died by getting crushed by a hay bale.

You think you have problems. Check out these frustrating relationships from literature.





























I don't watch "Psych" very often. But a "Twin Peaks" episode intrigues me.

Now, this is art. A 600-member Hanna Barbera Cartoon Character Matrix.

They watch TV in Canada, too. The best Canadian shows of the past 25 years. "Degrassi", of course, and "The Kids in the Hall" make it.

Jeezy creezy. The judge in that Don Johnson "Nash Bridges" trial doubled his damages to $51 million.

Cannot wait. Donal Logue is back on TV tonight with the debut of "Terriers".

A look back at Tammy Wynette. Of course, they include "D-I-V-O-R-C-E". I think she is very under appreciated these days.

A review of "I'm Still Here". Yep, the Joaquin Phoenix doc draws nigh.

The importance of David Bowie. And a re-release of the 6-song masterpiece, "Station to Station". I just heard "TVC15" a week ago and I marvel at how good it still sounds.

"TVC15" (Live Rehearsal)/David Bowie



Exercise Yard

Lord Football starts tomorrow. Saints vs. Vikings. Look for Drew Brees to start the "Who Dat?" chant.

Visitor

12 Down: Punk rock icon Joey (6 letters) Answer: Ramone

"Judy Is a Punk"/Ramones

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tvc15 and Station to Station -----Two of Bowie's that I think are under-appreciated-----JMK