Thursday, September 23, 2010

Now, here's a contest we can all get behind. Consumerist.com is looking for the worst ads in America. The great thing is the links take you right to the commercial.

Look at these categories:

Absolute Worst Ad in America

Most Grating Performance By A Human Being

Most Annoying Animated Spokesthing

Duo Or Group That Most Needs To Be Broken Up

Celebrity Who Must Have Lost The Most Money In Housing Crash

Creepiest Commercial

Many of my "favorites" are included. Flo and the Agreeing (or should I say Annoying) Guy. The State Farm Guy, too! I was talking during last week's Browns game how I can take the good insurance ads: The Funny Lizard, President Palmer and abhor the bad ones: Flo, State Farm Guy. And I even dig Mayhem!

I am surprised that the Ed Burns Guy from 5-Hour Energy didn't make it. But his sub, the "2:30 Guy", did.

The jerkface McDonald's guy who hasn't had his coffee was nominated. Sadly, that one was in heavy rotation this past weekend.

Jimmy Johnson may be OK on "Survivor". But on those Extenze commercials, he makes me a tad uncomfortable.

I know Jamie Lee Curtis shills for Actvia. But I'm not sure I wanna know what's in that product.

And then, there's that "low price" Staples campaign. Sheesh.

Meal of Links

Tim Goodman hates "Shit My Dad Says". Calls it unwatchable. The Toronto Sun is pining for the GEICO Cavemen series to return. That's how bad this is.

They foreclosed on this Florida guy. Wait a minute though, he didn't have a mortgage.

Woody Paige has some wise words after the suicide of Bronco wide receiver Kenny McKinley. You see, Paige wanted to kill himself a while back.

Nate Silver has the latest senate polls up. His prediction is 52 Democrats after the election. But the R's will take over the House.

Paste lists the 40 Best Little Radio Stations in America. Locally, WAPS 91.3, The Summit, makes it.

Exercise Yard

The bad economics of European soccer. "Huge debt, cash crunches, mismanagement -- all the warning signs are there of an economic collapse, of the dominoes falling." Yikes!

Visitor

10 Down: Jessica of "Sin City" (4 letters) Answer: Alba

No comments: