Thursday, August 05, 2010

Today is International Beer Day

and

National Underwear Day. I hope you enjoy both.

Last night, I decided to catch up on "Community". I actually was surprised on how many episodes I had neglected. "Archer", CSU basketball and March Madness really interfered with my Thursday viewing. Let's put it this way, the first catch-up "Community" was from the first week of March.

Therefore, I did not know that Senor Chang was relegated to student status. I also did not know that two women had professed their love for Jeff or that he welcomed Annie back with a kiss. And, most of all, I did not know about the "Paintball" episode. So, I am thankful I avoided all spoilers and got to enjoy these "lost" episodes.

Next: Catching up on "The Office".

Meal of Links

Toronto Film Festival has released its list of 25 docs. Looks like Errol Morris, Springsteen, the old master Frederick Wiseman on Boxing which has to be cool, Alex Gibney has Elliot Spitzer as a subject, and there is also one on Lillian Roxon. Sounds well done.

Hitch talks about his cancer. "Against me is the blind, emotionless alien, cheered on by some who have long wished me ill. But on the side of my continued life is a group of brilliant and selfless physicians plus an astonishing number of prayer groups."

More John Madden. But this one you'll like. The story of the development of Madden NFL.

Airships are making a comeback. Would you fly in one?

Lollapalooza starts tomorrow. No live streaming. I'm not even sure XM is there this year. But looks like Arcade Fire, Green Day, Soundgarden, Lady Gaga and The Strokes are the major players. But you can get Spoon, Devo, Black Keys, Against Me!, Social D among others. Easily 25-30 known acts.

I knew it was bad, but this? 27% of Republicans say President Obama was probably not born in the US and 14% say he was NOT born here. Hawaii IS a state, people.

Move over, Comic-Con. Next year, it's the Reality Rocks Expo in Los Angeles.

Good grief! This guy was running for Governor of Tennessee. Methinks he does not win today.

Things are heating up for Lance. Another of his US Postal teammates has testified against him. So, now we have Floyd Landis, Frankie Andreu and who else? Now, Levi Leipheimer is accused, as well. The issue here is not Lance's work for fighting cancer, but can he be above scrutiny when a lot of his closest rivals have admitted doping.

Exercise Yard

Manny Acta needs to stay out of the injury analysis business. Carlos Santana out for the year.

Visitor

29 Down: Midler's "Divine" nickname (5 letters) Answer: Miss M

Bette Midler Fan

No comments: