Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I think I've finally reached the end of my rope with that schoolgirl in the Ellen Page ad for Cisco.

Annoying Character: "WE'RE GOING ON A FIELD TRIP TO CHINA!!!!"

TV Viewer: "AND I'M GOING ON A TRIP TO BUY A GUN!!!!"

Aaaaaaargh!

Regardless, I finally did it. I upgraded my 1G phone to the Blackberry Torch. As before, I got it through Amazon, which was $50 cheaper than my own AT&T upgrade price. I had to get one with a keyboard. Even with the touch screen on the Torch, I am typically sliding it open, so I can handle messages.

I like it so far. It has a decent enough heft. Good features. Frankly, I don't need that much in a phone. Let the power users bitch about it. And the messaging and security is outstanding, as one would expect from RIM. I know a lot of people hate AT&T Mobility, but I've never had an issue with coverage, support or really anything.

So, it was an easy transition.

Meal of Links

A hetero male watches "Eat Pray Love". It's just about what I thought it would be.

It is the 50th anniversary of "The Andy Griffith Show". TV Land celebrates daily with "50 Days of Andy".

Catching up with craft breweries. Magic Hat got sold! As did Anchor Brewing from San Francisco. I loves me my Magic Hat.

In case you missed it, those floods in Pakistan are really, really bad. You know it's bad when even the UN is begging for assistance.

Dexter Promo (Starts in Less Than 40 Days)



I have been a fan of "Austin City Limits" for a long time. Check out this year's current lineup. Spoon, Alejandro Escovedo and Trombone Shorty, and Rosanne Cash look like the early standouts.

Headline says it all.

Is there anything new that stands out with this fall TV preview? Looks like "Five-O", "Running Wilde" and the chick from "Undercovers" might be winners. Plus, Donal Logue returns in "Terriers". That has to be good. Plus, Windell Middlebrooks (the Miller High Life guy) shows up in "Body of Proof".

Exercise Yard

Almost 60 years has passed. It remains the most famous homer in baseball history.

In case you didn't know, the Giants win the pennant.

Visitor

32 Across: Hammer-wielding god (4 letters) Answer: Thor

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Robert Earl Keene is cool and yes we called that correctly about Eat Pray Love ------JMK