Friday, August 27, 2010

I am gettin' my late summer on with an off day today.

Why is my neighbor whistling, all of a sudden?

I see a local resident was commended for stopping a guy who burglarized 8 houses around here. Not too far from me. But no neighbor noticed the dude in a yardful of large TVs? WTF?

The city is opening the Muni Lot at 7 a.m. on Browns gamedays and people are upset? Yikes! And I don't wanna hear people bitchin' about elaborate food displays. This is all about the booze. If you can't get your drink on in the requisite 6-hour window, you need help, man. I'd be more upset at the raising of the price to park to $20.

This blog puts WKNR in perspective. Could be a decent station, only if they tried. Laziest talk ever.

Another local blog discusses dumping the Dawg Pound. I am all for it. Old and tired. Especially on a game day.

Meal of Links

ESPN has its own Beadle-Mania. She'll be on a lot more, I think.

This guy wants you to run out and see "Scott Pilgrim". Like now.

Someone was messing with Uncle Leo. "I'm an old man. I'm confused! I thought I paid for it. What's my name? Will you take me home?".

Preston Sturges films are always a breath of fresh air. I try to watch "Sullivan's Travels" if I see it is on.

Exercise Yard

Jay Mariotti finally got suspended by AOL. He probably won't return to ESPN either. The first I heard from him was when the Cavs were battling the Bulls during the Coach Lenny era. His guest columns for the PD from Chicago were thankfully before the dawn of sportstalk radio, because they were the typical fodder for fans who get easily offended.

Visitor

11 Down: 1969 road movie (9 letters) Answer: Easy Rider

No comments: