Sunday, August 22, 2010

Here we go with a Sunday Laughfest. Quotes (culled from Cleveland.com) about new Browns fan favorite, Peyton Hillis.





















"Hillis looks to be a real beast at times..."

"I think the Browns have an Alstott type player now."

"I can see us running for 160+/game and passing for 200+." <--(Crack Pipe User)

"Hillis looks like a beast."

"I look forward to watching Vickers and Hillis run some people over..."

"We ran the ball well with Hillis even though we were missing the entire right side of the line and our starting WR." (Against the Rams, I might add.)

"Hillis looked great, as I have said from the beginning." (Same guy probably touted Brady Quinn.)

"I will take the opponent punishing running of Hillis over the fan punishing throwing of Quinn any time!!!" (Hahahahahahahahaha)

"Hillis will deliver in the first few games of the season more than Quinn did in his several years with the Browns." (That won't take much.)

"Peyton Hillis is the second coming of Larry Csonka and John Riggins combined! This is the change of pace running attack that is sorely needed by the Browns and is such a requirement in the AFC North freeze zone late in the season. What a stud!" (Not my satire, but I affirm. If it's honest, this man needs help.)

"The Browns stole Hillis from Denver."

Look, I hope the guy does well, but is he even a Leroy Hoard-type at this juncture? If Hardesty doesn't go down, we never see this guy.

And I'm no Negative Ned. But I am a realist, because I am actually sober enough during these games to make honest evaluations.

Meal of Links

If you're looking for a good radio news show, "Here and Now" from Boston, debuts on WKSU on 8/30. Been hooked on this show via the magic radio since the start of the year. Good stuff.

Financial advice from Mark Cuban. He says save your money.

The back-and-forth between your conscious and unconscious mind. Good tips on evading those nasty recurring nightmares.

Cue The Doors. This is The End.

Nick Cave remains busy.

Look at this giant Post-It Note. it contains all of Chewbacca's dialogue.

Exercise Yard

One of the funnier sidebars to the baseball season has been the adventures of the Oakland A's Ball Boy. Using his job for personal gain. MLB Network says he has become a Ball Man.

Visitor

None, on a cooler Sunday.

No comments: