Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Dad and I saw "The A-Team" today. I figured out a key plot point fairly quickly and he figured out a late one, so there you have it. Mindless entertainment. They showed how they originally met and 80 missions later we're in present day Iraq.

How can you have Jessica Biel in your movie and not give me anything? Bradley Cooper had his shirt off way too much. Liam Neeson smoked cigars and made a good Hannibal, I never liked the TV Murdock (and this new guy didn't help matters) and Rampage Jackson was a decent B.A. He never "pitied the fool", but he uttered this line, "Why we in a fallin' tank?" For some reason, that made me laugh. Neeson went for the Oscar with this gem, "Give me a minute, I'm good. Give me an hour, I'm great. Give me six months, I'm unbeatable."

I said an "A-Team" movie would not be complete without the line, "I love it when a plan comes together..." and they essentially beat it into the ground. And they violated the "A-Team" television policy of killing people.

Jon Hamm had a cameo near the end, just in case there is a sequel. And the gay Puerto Rican guy from "Seinfeld" was a Mexican general.

It was a decent two hours out of the heat. Nothing more.

Meal of Links

Manute Bol passed away today. One of the strangest sights you'll ever see on a basketball court. But, boy, he loved his native Sudan, always trying to raise money and awareness.

The 10 most famous addresses in the world. Not exactly "Dicker and Dicker of Beverly Hills" but you get the picture.

Speaking of old TV shows made into movies. I give you "The Equalizer" with Russell Crowe. At least, the opening to the TV show is attached.

Biden on Joe Barton



Exercise Yard

The Indians are playing the Pirates this weekend. The big news is that the Pirates fired a pierogi.

Visitor

32 Across: "thirtysomething" actor (4 letters) Answer: Olin

No comments: