Sunday, May 16, 2010

I finally bought a new lawn mower. I replaced my old Craftsman with a new Craftsman from the fine folks at Sears. The old one still works, but is a pain in the ass to push. Oh, it's self-propelled, but it's probably 1996 self-propelled. I figure advances in technology will make this one easier to get around.

I did the old "Get Sears gift cards at Giant Eagle" trick to get cheaper gas for the mower, as well.

I am having an unveiling later this week and we'll see how it works. Look for the flyers on a telephone pole near you.

Meal of Links

The Louisiana House passed an odd sort of bill. It will allow you to bring a firearm to church. Oh, the individual places of worship would have to approve, but hey now, doesn't that sound a mite risky?

Maureen Dowd sticks up for Elena Kagan. Brilliant parody.

How your brain makes memories. A rather lengthy read, if I recall. Something about hippos on campus.

Exercise Yard

I imagine Johnny Cash riffing on Slim Pickens: "What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here?!" San Quentin inmates are now playing tennis.

Visitor

None, on a cool Sunday.

No comments: