Thursday, May 06, 2010

I admit it.

To this day, if there is anything written about "Twin Peaks", I just gobble it up. So, here's another one dissecting the third hour and then chronicling the rise and deep, deep fall of the series in Season Two. It includes many clips, including perhaps my favorite subtle one where Johnny Horne is eliminated in the Tibet sequence. You had to be there. And, if you only have time for one clip, watch the dwarf. BTW, read the Comments. It certainly jogs the memory. I think I had forgotten about Harold Smith. Geez, that subplot, one of many in Season Two, just sucked the wind out of the series.

Meal of Links

Ernie Harwell died the other day and there were many good things written about and by him. We were very lucky to be within listening range of his voice. His Hall of Fame speech. Ernie allows a sportswriter to shadow him. Mitch Albom with some memories. Joe Posnanski shares some thoughts. Hard to believe his first game with the Tigers was right after the Harvey Kuenn-Rocky Colavito trade.

Drinking Songs! I actually have several of these in my collection. I'm a huge fan of "The Alabama Song". Richard Butler does an awesome version on that Kurt Weill tribute album I have laying around here somewhere.

More reality series. Starring Hasselhoff, Saget, Danza and Dee Snider. The Hoff may actually die in his. I heard this week he was in some sort of Gumball Rally. Yep, it visited Canada this week. I wish I had a spare $45K. I would do that in a heartbeat.

Jack White says Meg White has conquered her anxiety. No reunion yet.

Remember George Costanza's fiance, Susan? She now plays the ukulele.

Doofus who can't spell ruins stock market for a time. Whoops.

Exercise Yard

His best rant since last year's grades. I think it was Kobayashi who got an F-Minus on that one.

Drennan Goes Off On The Tribe



Visitor

58 Across: '50s-'60s TV Earp portrayer (6 letters) Answer: O'Brian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did he say Branyan or Pranceyan?-----------------------------JMK