Sunday, April 11, 2010

Yeah, I know. FIGJAM won the Masters. The over-the-top rooting for the guy by CBS always dampers the event for me. Lee Westwood, for one, bore the brunt of the ignorance since the implausible eagle-eagle-birdie run by Phil on Saturday. When Peter Kostis, who I really like, said this, "Lee Westwood is like a heavyweight champ who just got hit with two roundhouse rights and is dazed right now..." I was in pain. Ahem. First of all, Westwood had been playing swimmingly and had only one bogey at the time and secondly, HE WAS STILL LEADING THE TOURNAMENT! And still had the lead after 54 holes.

I get it. FIGJAM's popular for reasons I don't get. I mean the guy aligns himself with ExxonMobil, (you know, he's a tinkerer) and that's like rooting for the devil. So, there are enough people cheering for him without members of the broadcast team chipping in.

Meal of Links

There is a movement about for a Bad Baseball Hall of Fame. There has to be one Indian who stands out, no? Someone who showed up and stayed around even though they sucked. Jack Heidemann?

Fox affiliates say no to Conan. I don't think it'll happen.

Lots of R's want Zack Space's seat. I had a guy yesterday at the Giant Eagle see my bumper sticker so he decided to make a crack about President Obama. This was an Angry Guy who was making a scene at the self-checkout, so my motto was "self-preservation" and I let it go. Speaking of Anger, check out the photo of one guy running.

Exercise Yard

Hey, they're starting to pick on Windy in NYC. Author says it's a joke.

Visitor

None, on a cool Masters Sunday.

No comments: